Friday, February 1, 2008

working my way back to Eastern Standard Time


Returned from my FABULOUS West Coast Tour early Tuesday morning and am slowly getting back to real life. It was an amazing trip for me in every way. I had the chance to see some wonderful artwork, drink yummy wine, eat delicous food.....and SHOP!!! And most importanty, reconnect with family and friends AND meet some great new people. Where to begin? Well, oddly enough, the LA pastel tour actually started in San Francisco. I was traveling with my friend, Deb, owner of the way hip Nahcotta gallery, here in Portsmouth. It just so happens that one of the artists she represents, Tjasa Owen, lives and works in San Francisco. I have always admired her work and so we were both thrilled to visit her studio, which is a beautiful space in a quiet little nook, but right around the corner from a thriving neighborhood. Tjasa was so helpful in terms of suggesting galleries we should visit. (Hang was my favorite) And places to eat. At her suggestion, we had breakfast at La Boulangerie, an amazing bakery where everything was freshly made. When you order a large coffee there, they serve it to you in a BOWL!! A bowl of coffee. Yes, indeed, that's the way to start the day. While innocently walking on our way to a gallery, I happened to glance in the window of boutique, Christine Foley. The manager unlocked the door and invited us in. What could we do?? I treated myself to a couple of jackets that are beautifully made........and will serve as a reminder of a wonderful little vacation. Stay tuned for part 2.........LA

No comments: