Friday, February 1, 2008

and now the work begins: LA


After a quick flight to LA, Deb went to stay with friends who had recently moved there and I got to work!! It was great to see my cousin and her family. Julie is a fabulous cook, so once again, I was treated to some amazing meals. I really enjoyed having the chance to visit with her and Paul and their very special son, Flynn. Flynn turned six during my stay there, but I'm pretty sure he has been here before. Thursday night we unpacked the work as one of Julie’s friends had requested a sneak preview. Then Friday AM I packed up the rental-mobile and headed to Huntington Beach, to the home of my friend, Toby. I have known Toby since childhood and she has become one of my biggest collectors.......even though we live 3000 miles apart!! When I first proposed the possibility of going out West to have some small shows, Toby was totally excited to host one. After a little reunion, she and her daughter and I got to work setting up the paintings and getting the food and wine all set up. It was a mad dash, but it all worked out beautifully. Shortly after 7:00 the house began to fill up. Toby was great about bringing me around an introducing me to her guests. It was a great chance to meet a new group of people and many of them seem to feel a connection to my work………which is a supreme compliment. At the end of the evening, we were regaled by one of the guests with hilarious stories of their days working together for Disney. A really fun night with a great group of people. A late night rolled into an early morning and after breakfast, it was time to pack up the work and head back up to Santa Monica fro the Saturday opening. Oh my.

No comments: