Friday, January 15, 2010

two journeys

Tomorrow my niece and brother-in-law are heading out on two very different trips. My niece, a junior in college is departing on a semester at sea. She will be taking classes while experiencing the cultures of ten different countries. What an amazingly exciting and expansive experience. I am so happy for her ......and proud of her! (always)
My brother-in-law is heading to Haiti. He works with an organization called Konbit Sante at the Justinian Hospital in Cap Haitien. They will be setting up emergency response units for the countless earthquake victims. It’s impossible to imagine the situation he will be stepping into. I am in awe of his compassion and courage.
I’m sure both will have experiences that will forever stay with them. They are both very much in my heart.

No comments: